Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Phew!

So that took a little while, but I finally got it all done, and hopefully it looks half decent :)

I decided that aside from just posting what has been up in my life lately, I will also post memories of good times I've had in the past with friends, family, etc. I guess I'll start with my life lately. This is my third semester at BYU, and I'm taking quite the load of classes. Currently, I'm enrolled in 3 English classes, an English Language class, a Sociology class, and a beginning Piano class. That's 17 credits for anyone who was wondering. So far, I really like all of my classes, and I'm definitely starting to progress in my piano skills. It's not easy for anyone who might be wondering. I wish I had taken lessons when I was younger, but at least I'm starting now, right? My English classes are pretty cool. For one of them, we've had to read Homer's The Iliad, Virgil's The Aeneid, Ovid's Metamorphosis, and now Milton's Paradise Lost, all of which are fantastic classical poems, but it's a lot of reading to do in less than 3 weeks :/ Fortunately, my other classes aren't quite so homework heavy, but I still have quite a bit of reading for them. My sociology class is pretty sick actually. The teacher is way cool and we learn a lot of really interesting things there. Hmm...what else is there? I've started to train for 5K's, triathlons, etc. It's not as easy as it looks, but it feels great to run 5 miles. My next 5K is in October, as is a triathlon I'm probably going to do, and another 5K, so October is going to be a busy month. Last night, I ran with Phil up to the temple from my house and back, and seeing the temple at night was absolutely wonderful. It was such a great goal to works towards because at the end (when we got there) it was so rewarding to just sit on the temple grounds for a little bit. Tonight, I went with Peter and Rachel to the International Cinema. We watched Pan's Labyrinth -- it's in Spanish, but it was an amazing film. And since it was in the International Cinema (on campus) pretty much everything in it that made it rated R was taken out, so it was quite mild compared to the actual film (and many PG-13 films out there as well).

Memory:
One of my favorite memories of my friends back in NY is when we went bowling one time. There were six of us total; me, Edith, Kara, Graig, Tom, and Josh. It was just back when I had friends that would actually hang out with me instead of doing junk like drinking and smoking. I just remember that we had a lot of fun that night. Graig had gotten a new cell phone, and Kara, Edith, & I were all messing around taking pictures. That night was surely a night to remember complete with friends, fun times, and great memories.

No comments: