Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lellow Yellow

Although I think it's important to be grateful for our many blessings year round, I think that a good Facebook friend of mine has the right idea. To be grateful for the small things in life.

Yeah, I'm certainly grateful for so, so many big things. I'm grateful for my family and friends; the amazing opportunities I've been given in the life, including attending BYU and living so close to my family; I'm grateful for my lovely boy and all he does for me (even if he does drive me away from my homework, which admittedly, I do spend a lot of time working on); I'm grateful for the gospel and all the joys it brings into my life; I'm grateful for all the knowledge I've been given--both scholastic knowledge as well as religious knowledge; I'm grateful to know that I am indeed Christian (despite what others may say), that I do believe in the true and everlasting gospel of Christ, and that I have the opportunity every day to be inspired and uplifted by those around me (whether members of the Gospel or not).

But I'm digressing (sorry, there is just so much to be grateful for!). To make up for the past week of not thinking or writing down the things I'm grateful for, I shall start now and include one for each day I've missed plus today.

I'm grateful for my blog. I'm glad that I get to share my thoughts and feelings with the hope that maybe someone will read them. And if not, well that's okay too. At least I get to share them :)

I'm grateful for my Chicago Manual of Style. Now that may sound like a weird thing to be grateful for (okay, I'll admit, it is weird), but I love editing so much and learning about this manual and the inner and outer workings of it really makes me happy (yeah, yeah, I'm super weird, haha).

I'm grateful for black pens. I really don't like blue pens very much. ;)

I'm grateful for my planner. Without it, I would be totally lost. (Trust me, if you ever saw it, you'd know--it's pretty bad. I have so much written in it, I don't know how I ever got along without one)

I'm grateful for understanding teachers; teachers that truly care about you.

I'm grateful for inspiring quotes and good music. Seriously, there have been so many times where a simple uplifting song or quote can turn my whole day around.

I'm grateful for the feeling of missing someone because then you truly appreciate them when they're there.

No comments: