Monday, July 26, 2010

What are you really afraid of?

When people talk about trials, they always talk about trials they've gone through in the past. No one wants to get up at sacrament meeting and admit that they are going through something really hard right now. Nope. It's always after the fact.

Why do we do that? What are we really afraid of?

Admitting out loud that you're struggling means that you not only have to admit it to someone else, but to yourself as well. Why would you want to do something that would potentially cause you more pain?

But why can't we ask for help? Is it really all that bad to say to someone else, "you know what? I'm struggling right now, and I would appreciate your help"? Or "no, I'm not really okay" or whatever. There have been so many times where I have offered up a listening ear, only to not be taken seriously. I know of many others who are willing to listen who are never spoken to about such troubles.

I'm not saying that you should go tell everyone your problems, but you should tell someone, right? People care. Give them credit.

No comments: